So after the red hair and countless dyes over it and colour removers I have now not dyed my hair for eight months and have been trying to grow it out and done every trick in the book. This is what I found helps:
1) Shampoo and conditioner - out of all the ones I’v tried I found aussie (even the miracle moist) to be a bit of a con, it made my hair nicer for a few washes and then very dry. The best budget shampoo and conditioners are tresemme, and if you have dry damaged hair like me I love the moisturising one. I would say if you have oily hair stick to the one with the green label. Also vosene medicated shampoo once a week is great to get rid of build up and very cheap!
2) Good heat tools - Ultimately avoiding heat tools is the best but if like me you can’t investing in an expensive pair of irons is a good idea, I used cheap ones for ages and noticed a huge difference since swapping to corioliss c2’s (I would not recommend GHD’s as you cant change the temp and iv seen people destroy their hair with them)
3) Heat protection, serums and lotions - Heat protection my fav is tresseme heat defence spray. Serum wise is has to be John Frieda’s frizz ease. And for your dry ends Herbal essences beautiful ends split end protection cream.
4) Comb wet hair don’t brush it
5) If it’s windy or your in a car with windows open or the top down tie your hair up. The wind can be so damaging.
6) Eat well, I don’t mean don’t eat crisps and chocolate just eat some fruit and veg and if you really want take multi vitamins though I’m sceptical about how much they can help if you eat right.
I hope this helped anyone else who is trying EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT. Don’t waste your money, those are the best ones I have found over the past eight months.